4.24.2008

Mmmm....smells like home.

And it is starting to feel more like home, too. I made my first batch of calories. No mobile home is a home until you break in the oven. Which, btw, is brand new and smells like burning plastic when you use it for the first few times. That does not smell like home. Here's some yummy goodness to make you salivate:
And here are some more photos of the "lived in" look I have going on here. And the "not finished" look too. I have some door pulls on order at Menards. They're taking forever, too. Here's where I am sitting right now:
And here is where I am going to sit in a little bit-do you notice something on the TV? Yay! The dish dude came and installed my dish in the pouring rain. He rocks! And so does SpongeBob, for that matter. OH, and guess what...my couch came in. Gotta get it tomorrow. I have waited SO long for a new couch. Underneath that brown slipcover is a very tattered and worn out plaid trampoline couch.


There are lots of things I want to take photos of and show you all, especially my daffodils! But I am going to leave you with this photo and do the flowers tomorrow. These are antique washtubs that I inherited from Dh's grandmother. I am going to plant some pretty stuff in them. I am not sure where they're going to sit, but for now they're hanging out on my deck.

2 comments:

NYC Girl said...

Hey everything looks great. I'm glad it finally quit raining as of 7:00pm. You have been very busy!
I decided today to treat myself on my birthday, I got a haircut and an all over color. The cost $80 Happy Birthday to ME!
Also they have my blog on hold for spam for some odd reason so they said it will be 4 days before I can post anything :(
Have a great evening and keep up the good work!
Shannon

Miranda said...

I saw your blog was wacky!
*smacking my head* I KNEW your birthday was coming up cuz you told me and did I call you? UGH.
Shannon!! You need to kick me!