4.27.2008

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

That is what Robin Williams says.
Here is a little slice of spring in my yard:

Although 40 degrees isn't really my ideal version of spring weather, I have daffodils. So it's springtime. So we partied.

I had my brother and his wife over for dinner and drinks. We had a weird supper. I made
  • yummy chicken parm soup. (chicken chunked and browned, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, garlic, fresh basil, sliced red onions) that you pour over a yummy piece of charred Italian toast with parmigiana-reggiano cheese on it. It's good. And only a 15 minute recipe thanks to Rachael Ray.
  • yummy salad with strawberries in it and poppy seed dressing-again. And I got my brother and his wife addicted to it, too!
  • they had steak. Not yummy
  • baby new potatoes in butter, chive, and parsely dressing.
  • lots of margaritas and whiskey-n-cokes
So, today....I have a lot of cleaning up to do. I want to go and buy some more mulch and finish mulching the muddy spot I planted my hostas in.
Oh, and my couch came, too. I took a few pics but I had my 85mm on camera and it's not going to fit the whole thing in the photo. But you'll get the jist of it, right? Sometimes it looks grey, sometimes it looks like the sage it is supposed to be. Notice the foot in the background. They're fighting over "the good spot" in the corner:


And last, but most certainly not least, my Molly...just because:

No comments: