4.22.2008

Movin'

Hi everyone! I have been So busy, sorry for not being around...or posting photos! So, here's one to tide you over until I whip out the ol' Rebel. This is one I took last year around this time.

So, what's new? Well, I'm still breathing, just a little heavier than normal ;)
We've began the big move! Last night was our first night here in the mo-bile home! Wow, I forget how much you can hear in trailers. Wow. I feel sorta like I am outside, camping! I can hear the frogs and crickets outside by the creek. What is funny, at least to me, is that we had a brief hail storm this morning-one of the vivid things I recall from the first time I lived in a trailer(unfortunately, I am not a trailer virgin). Hail storms are one of those things that you have to experience while sitting inside of a trailer. It sounds like a million tap dancers on your roof.
Molly heard it and hollered, "Mom! I think we better check online and see if they are going to delay school!" Haha. It sounded much worse than it was. And it was over in no time at all. And no dents on the new truck, or my Pathfinder. Only in Iowa can you have hail in the morning yet still send your child to school in shorts and a tee shirt because you know it will be warm in a few hours.
I like it here so far. Although I haven't had time to sit still. I am constantly unpacking, driving back for more to pack so I can drive back here and unpack it. Again and again. I have lifted dressers, couches, appliances, many boxes and loads of laundry. I am thankful for the time I've spent working out and that I quit smoking-otherwise I'd be worthless. Speaking of working out, I have to find a new gym, too. I want to go to one that offers child care so that I can have a more regular routine in the summer. I will finish the rest of April and May at the gym I currently go to since I like to go directly from dropping off the munchkins.
So, all is going well for us. The only thing I am really hating right now is that lack of dog. I miss my doggy so bad. We found a foster home to keep her and eventually find someone to adopt her. I am not used to her being gone. I have a constant worry that I am forgetting something because it just feels strange without her around. Especially when I go to the house for a load of junk and she isn't there to meet me at the door.
I can't believe *I*- out of my family-am the one crying over the dog. I used to have NO love for dogs, at all, and would never think of owning one. Until I had my doggy. Awwww. Okay, no more dog talk. I have everyone on a gag order to not speak of her until I say it's ok, LOL!

Alright. I hear my cozy bed calling my name...
Goodnight,
M

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Well THERE you are! YAY on the move. Had to giggle at the hail storm and Miss Molly. Not mentioning "her", but sending you some hugs. :)

Miranda said...

Awwww, thanks Girly! If I can get a moment to dial a phone, you're first on the list!