4.18.2008

Live from the mobile home village

Yay...here I am, over at the trailer....posting!
I am so excited that it's hooked up and stuff. I even got to use a hole saw! Shhh....don't tell DH. He'll flip out because I didn't let him do it. I drilled a hole in my counter so all my wires, hard drives, & tower are actually below in the cupboard and the monitor wires and such are fed down the hole to the surge protector in the cupboard. I bought a desk grommet to make the hole look nice and tidy.
Ideally, I'd have my notebook pc and lose the desktop, but my notebook is trashed.

A funny/strange thing happenned to me the other day. We have had a huge roll of carpet on our deck for a month. It's the old country blue carpet that we tore out of here. Well, the neighbor across the "street" from me stopped me and asked if Mike (the previous owner of my trailer who is dying of cancer and living with his daughter) could buy back the carpet. Seriously? It's wet. And probably peed on from the stray cats that strut around here. Seriously? Um, okay. But gross?!
Sure, take my gross, wet, stinky carpet-heck, have it for FREE. Then I don't have to take it to the dump and spend $10.00 to do so.
*shaking my head*
I find that very annoying, honestly. I am surrounded by this Mike dude's closest friends and they gossip about what is going on here. I can almost hear them saying,
"Holy cow, Mike, your not NICE carpet is out there on their deck! And some of your cabinets, and your stove, and dishwasher your whole sense of being is getting destroyed by these ungrateful new owners..."
And then they call him to keep him up to date. That is another thing that bothers me- people that have interest in my life that need to get the down-low on me via gossip.
Anyway, we gave the dishwasher to the guy across the "street" because his wife had a puppy dog face when I told her that we were going to sell it. It just didn't go with my bisque stuff. There was nothing wrong with it...and they needed a new one. So, I was nice and let them have it.
But...if they think that they can do that with everything I do? Um, not happening. Otherwise I am going to have to get rid of things during the night. LMBO. Like this thing attached to the deck that says "welcome to our pad" with kitty paw prints. And a rocket ship rain gauge on top of a birdhouse. All on top of this kitty paw print thing. It's going. And I am not even wishing it on my worst enemy. Serious.

Aside from the haggling, they seem pretty nice so far. I'll keep you up to date I am sure.

Other things on my mind- Privacy. This subject was brought up on another blog that I visit from time to time...do you set your blog to public or private?
I feel that if you are a private person, or a guarded person, or a paranoid person then you probably shouldn't blog. Get a diary. Or if you do decide to have a WEB log, then you should set your blog to private. I am not saying that you shouldn't be private, or guarded, or paranoid-I'm just saying maybe you shouldn't blog. And that's what I think about that.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

No comments: