4.14.2008

today's photo and what I love about friends



I was outside enjoying the warm sun and looking around for things to shoot for todays photo. I wandered around and took a lot of "new growth" photos of my plants that are starting to appear...but that made me depressed. I am going to miss my current home. Well, not the house part of it-but the memories and the gardening. I decided that I am going to dig up some of my plants and just take them with me. So...I was walking back inside to go "process" my photos, all the while, mind you, I was looking down to avoid a shoe full of dog crap. Then I saw this little dude in the grass. Mr. Penguin. I snapped his photo and I left him there, although he looks very out of his element. I wonder why he was there? I tried to imagine what sort of role he was playing in my kids' imaginations on the day he was dropped and left to survive the horrid amounts of snow we had this year. Who knows?...maybe I'll scoop him up and interview the kids.

Oh, and what I love about my friends:
I went to lunch with one of my closest friends. She's awesome. We're close in the sense that when we talk, we know that we can say what we're really thinking without the use of euphemisms and candy coatings. How many people can I sit with at Subway and talk about REAL life? Just say what you need to say, right? Only a few, and a few is plenty!

C-ya,
M

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

SO when are you going to be a professional photographer!!! Screw the daycare, go BIG ! You are very talented!! Oh yea, I stole your idea...well, not really idea..I just posted the confessions of a pioneer woman on my blog too..because I read them and laughed out loud...a lot. She's great.