4.15.2008

Jersey on my mind




I am soooooooooooooo bummed out today. I have to find a new, loving home for my doggy.
She has been the BEST dog in the world for us, but we can't have her anymore 'cuz she's too big for the guidelines of the mobile home park we're moving to.
Originally we were going to have my hubby's parents keep her for us until we bought a house in another 2 years, but I don't think that is a good idea anymore. I am getting those "vibes" from them that they really would rather not-even though it was their offer, not ours. The simple facts are that hubby's parents are too old to take care of another dog. They already have 2 yellow labs...a elderly one and a puppy; and although Jersey is a super dog, it will just be too much for them. And we don't want to feel guilty when they complain about the work it will be to have ANOTHER dog. So, we're just going to find someone to adopt her. She's my sweety. I'll tell you about her in case anyone is dog shopping, or you know of anyone who is (my email address is missmranda @ gmail dot com):


  • Jersey is a purebred German Shorthaired Pointer.
  • We bought her from a local breeder in February of 2003 when she was just weaned.
  • Jersey is VERY patient with people and children. Have you met my son, Shaw? If you have, then you would completely nod your head to the "good with kids" bit. He's one crazy hyper boy and she just soaks his attention right up. And when she's not in the mood for it, she still endures with great calm. She is the most loving and patient dog I know. She is a super guard dog and will let you know when something isn't right...and if the door knocks. She loves to watch for birds and squirrels and is a hunting/bird dog by nature.
  • Jersey just got spayed 2 weeks ago. We also got her current with vaccinations, heart worm testing etc...even a pedicure.
  • Jersey is a short haired dog, but she DOES shed (what dog doesn't?) but VERY minimally when you compare her to other breeds, like labs.
  • Jersey weighed in at 49 pounds, two weeks ago.
I have to giggle at the part in the description of her breed that says:
"This breed is not recommended for apartment life and does best with a large yard and an athletic family. At least a 6-foot high fence is necessary. Bored Shorthairs can become escape artists." (emphasis mine)
Our fence is not tall enough for her and she has been known to hop it and go for a jog-but that's our fault, not hers. We really should have had a taller than 4 foot fence for her. She does fine for us on a lead, though. I am going to be sooooooooo sad to let her go and my eyes are burning right now typing this. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaawww! i am so sorry, Miranda! I hope you find a great home for her! {{{hugs}}}